Job title: Full Stack Developer
Location: Downtown Montreal
TickSmith, with its TickVault platform based on hadoop technology, is a leader in Big Data applications for the Brokerage ecosystem and financial services. As an industry innovator TickSmith is more than a place to work, it’s a place where your thoughts, ideas and creativity will be heard and leveraged while working on cutting edge products and technology. Based in Montreal, we come together daily to collaborate, strategize and execute on our mission.
What you’ll be doing
You are a team leader and an energetic developer, full of innovative ideas and like to be challenged and learn every day? Founded in 2012, TickSmith is a young, experienced and dynamic company seeking a creative, skilled and motivated senior Full Stack Software Developer to join the team. You will act as a mentor and share your experience with other developers. You will design, code and debug solutions, you will also be responsible to monitor, optimize, test and document applications. You will use Linux, the Hadoop ecosystem and multiple other open source tools.
What you’ll need
- Ability to communicate (written and spoken) effectively and collaborate with customers and team
- Ability to share your knowledge to the team
- Proven leadership, build by respect and love to work.
- At least 5 years experience of Java.
- Experience with Bash & Unix/Linux platforms
- Cloud deployment with one of the major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Source code management system experience (Git or Mercurial)
- Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Hands-on experience with SQL and data wrangling
- Highly motivated and passionate about technology
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Hands on experience of Hadoop and its ecosystem
- Scala + Functional programming
- Knowledge of Lambda architecture
- Experience with latest web frameworks (React, Angular, etc)
- Familiar with financial market data and/or trading systems
- Interested in machine learning and huge data set BI
- Interested in Python (numpy, pandas)
- Experience with Docker containers
- DevOps – Infrastructure as code (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
What you’ll get
Fun environment – We believe in the “work hard, play hard” mentality. At TickSmith, you can join in on our community lunches and other company activities. Most importantly, we are not afraid to laugh at ourselves once in awhile. Collaborative culture – You get to work with a great team of bright & dedicated individuals get exposure to a variety of teams across the organization. No silos here. Flexible hours – We do true flex hours here. Give and take is our way of life. Make an impact – At this stage of the Company everyone makes a huge impact on the company. Grow – Opportunity to grow in your role and more – TickSmith’s culture is to make sure that everyone can grow and experience as much as possible. Great location – Located just out of downtown Montreal and easily accessible by public transport.
If you have passion for coding and wish to join a growing and exciting startup, please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org