About TickSmith Corp
TickSmith, with its TickVault platform based on Hadoop technology, is a leader in Big Data applications for the capital markets and financial services. As an industry innovator TickSmith is more than a place to work, it’s a place where your thoughts, ideas and creativity will be heard and leveraged while working on cutting edge products and technology. Based in Montreal, we come together daily to collaborate, strategize and execute on our mission.
What you’ll be doing
We’re looking for the key person who will ensure that our Montreal office run smoothly and maintains a positive, vibrant and productive office environment. You will provide administrative support to the founders and management team and you will work closely with our various departments to ensure that everyone has the necessary tools to perform their daily tasks.
You will do a wide range of administrative and bookkeeping functions such as: reception duties, ordering supplies, make travel arrangements, processing employee/office expenses and assisting with payroll, payables and receivables. You will also coordinate interviews, help to onboard new employees and prepare various documents such as governments grants. You are proactive, detail oriented, able to handle multiple tasks and you will join our smart and diversified team that loves tackling problems and has fun working together!
What you’ll need
- Diploma in accounting/business administration or equivalent business experience
- 2 years of experience as an office assistant/bookkeeper
- Good knowledge of Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- Experience with accounting software, SAGE or QBO an asset
- Experience of bookkeeping in multiple currencies, an asset
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and enjoy finding solutions to solve issues
- Initiative, the ability to understand other people’s needs and a positive attitude
- Strong sense of diplomacy, confidentiality, and integrity
- Proactive and keen attention to detail
- Bilingual, excellent written and verbal communication skills (English and French)
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary – We keep our ear to the market so we can reward your hard work and initiative
- Collaborative culture – You get to work with a great team of bright & dedicated individuals. You will get exposure to a variety of teams across the organization, no silos here
- Opportunity to make an impact – At this stage of the company everyone makes a huge impact on the company
- Opportunity to grow in your role and more – TickSmith’s culture is to make sure that everyone can grow and experience as much as possible
- Flexible hours – Give and take is our way of life
- Great location – Located just out of downtown Montreal and easily accessible by public transport
If you wish to join a growing and exciting fintech startup, please forward your resume to: email@example.com