Job title: Junior Pre-Sales Consultant
Location: Downtown Montreal – New York – London
TickSmith, with its TickVault data lake platform is a leader in Big Data applications for the capital markets and financial services. As an industry innovator TickSmith is more than a place to work, it’s a place where your thoughts, ideas and creativity will be heard and leveraged while working on cutting edge products and technology.
In this role as technical expert for our flagship big data platform you will work closely with the sales team to ensure that the products being offered can be tailored to meet our customers requirements.
What you’ll be doing
- Working closely with the sales team on proposals and pitches for business.
- Attending meetings with business development managers and acting as a technical expert.
- Putting together business cases for the sales teams to support their proposals.
- Working closely and collaboratively with customers to devise effective solutions.
- Ensuring that the company’s product can deliver on the customer’s requirements.
- Working closely with customers to understand and capture requirements.
- Replying to customers following requests for information and proposal requests.
- Presenting proposals to customers alongside members of the sales team.
- Provide training to clients and participate in project delivery efforts.
- This role involves travelling from Montreal to New York and/or London in the beginning (25%-50% of the time), but a relocation to one of these two cities will be necessary after a few months.
- Previous experience working within a technical pre sales position.
- Knowledge or experience on capital markets or trading.
- Knowledge or experience with Big Data, Platform and Cloud technologies.
- Experience with batch or real-time event processing and ETL workflows solutions.
- Effective presentation skills, and the ability to independently meet with clients. Superior communications skills in both verbal and written form are a must.
- An ability to communicate technical information to non-technical staff in a way that is easy to understand.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or in Business in a related software engineering field, or equivalent practical experience
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional certification, Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect, and Microsoft MCSD Azure.
- Cloudera Certified Professional or Hortonworks Certified Professional
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space.
What you’ll get:
Collaborative culture – You get to work with a great team of bright & dedicated individuals, get exposure to a variety of international teams across the organization. No silos here.
Competitive salaries – We keep our ear to the market so we can reward your hard work and initiative.
This is a permanent position
Flexible hours – We do true flex hours here. Give and take is our way of life.
Opportunity to make an impact – At this stage of the company everyone makes a huge impact on the company.
Opportunity to grow in your role and more – TickSmith’s culture is to make sure that everyone can grow and experience as much as possible
Great head office location – Located just out of downtown Montreal and easily accessible by public transport.
Please send your resume at: firstname.lastname@example.org